Uxbridge, U.K., Jan. 31, 2012 – Small-and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) seeking cloud services previously only available to global corporations can now transform their business operations using a new suite of cloud services from Xerox.
The services will be sold through Xerox’s value-added resellers (VARs) and include Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for midrange and Intel systems; Cloud Backup; and Disaster Recovery services.
Xerox’s business cloud services ensure that a company’s applications, data and IT platforms are secure. These services also manage workload demand and are priced to serve SMBs that have annual revenue of £6 million to £150 million.
“Cloud technology is often presented as a complex, ‘big company’ infrastructure solution. But, in fact, managing IT operations in the ‘cloud’ is just as relevant and affordable for smaller companies and can be even more impactful,” said Ken Stephens, senior vice president of Cloud Services. “Expanding Xerox’s IaaS and Backup and Recovery services to SMBs is the next step toward offering a full suite of business cloud services that SMBs can access on a ‘pay-as-you-go’ model.”
“Xerox extending its sales efforts to SMBs through VARs is a smart move, especially in the growing cloud space,” said Ben Trowbridge, CEO at Alsbridge, a global advisory firm. “It’s a logical extension of their longstanding enterprise services, with more opportunities to sell additional Xerox products and services relevant to SMBs.”
The new services include:
- Xerox Cloud IaaS for Midrange and Intel systems
- Many cloud providers - for enterprises or SMBs - do not support multiple operating systems, databases, legacy applications and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. The Xerox Cloud IaaS meets the conflicting demands of various operating models.
- Xerox delivers secure cloud services via five global data centers that house multi-tenant technologies and virtualised LANs.
- IaaS is quickly installed and ready to use with an on-demand “click and pick” provisioning process.
- IaaS ensures complete tracking, auditing and reporting capabilities.
- Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery Service
- Recovery of data, applications and operating systems - everything on the server and can be restored in less than 24 hours.
- An affordable approach for enterprises and SMBs needing remote backup and disaster recovery at a monthly, utility-based price, meaning customers pay for what they use.
- No long-term contracts required.
- The Business Cloud infrastructure used for corporate enterprises also is available for SMBs.
- Data backup is replicated, secured, encrypted and conducted daily.
“No matter the size, scope or location of a company, there’s a common denominator: how to manage costs and risks. Xerox delivers a utility model approach, intense security controls, systems and data redundancy, even a customised company-wide disaster recovery plan,” added Stephens.
About Xerox UK
Xerox UK, the UK operation of Xerox Corporation, markets a comprehensive range of Xerox products, solutions and services, as well as associated supplies and software. Its offerings are focused on three main areas: offices from small to large, production print and graphic arts environments, and services that include consulting, systems design and management, and document outsourcing. Through ACS, A Xerox Company, which Xerox acquired in February 2010, Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organisations worldwide.
Xerox also has manufacturing and logistics operations in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands, and a research and development facility (Xerox Research Centre Europe) in Grenoble, France. For more information visit, www.xerox.com. Xerox® is a trademark of Xerox Corporation. All non-Xerox brands and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.
Sonia Panchal, Xerox Europe, T: +44 (0) 1895 842 877, email@example.com
Laura Gillen, Waggener Edstrom T: +44 (0) 207 392 2619, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: To receive Xerox RSS news feeds, visit http://rss.xerox.com/xerox-uk-news. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views from events visit http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://twitter.com/xeroxoffice, http://twitter.com/xeroxproduction, http://twitter.com/servicesatxerox, http://twitter.com/xeroxevents, http://www.xerox.com/blogs, http://www.xerox.com/podcasts.
XEROX®, XEROX and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.