UXBRIDGE, U.K., April. 29, 2014 – Knowledge capital is the currency of business today, and organisations that leverage their critical information effectively hold a significant competitive advantage. Xerox has responded with new ways for enterprises to assess, protect and leverage their information when and wherever needed – not only to save money, but to ultimately improve client relationships and develop innovative and stronger offerings.
Xerox’s latest services are designed to:
- Analyse how and why documents are printed and use that intelligence to change the way information is accessed.
- Increase information security without disrupting the IT infrastructure.
- Make mobile printing easier and more convenient.
- Evaluate, simplify and improve everyday document-intensive business processes through workflow automation.
“As an enterprise’s knowledge capital grows – in both paper and electronic form – the challenge of unlocking it increases exponentially. Without proper management it becomes lost since it lives in so many places and formats,” said Mike Feldman, president, Large Enterprise Operations, Xerox. “Our three-stage strategy – assess and optimise, secure and integrate, and automate and simplify – continues to evolve with these new offerings. The enhancements help clients manage their information demands more effectively, especially in the area of security and automating document workflows.”
The enhanced services include:
- Xerox Secure Print Manager Suite, powered by Nuance Equitrac, cost-effectively integrates print security, control and reporting capabilities – such as user authentication, secure document release, job tracking, chargeback and accounting, and print rules and routing – without disrupting existing IT infrastructure. Capabilities can be licensed individually or across any number of Xerox or non-Xerox devices, depending on the organisation’s needs.
- Xerox Document Analytics Services explain how, where and why documents are used. Insights are culled from multiple sources – data from devices and print jobs, audits of filed and unfiled paper and client interviews that uncover printing “behaviors.” Based on the findings, Xerox partners with its clients to digitize content and capture information so organisations don’t replace a paper landfill with a digital landfill.
- Xerox Workflow Assessment Services demonstrate how documents move within an organisation and provide insights to create more efficient processes. For example, an assessment may uncover that student loan processing could take 50 percent less time if information is easier to locate and is scanned rather than printed. Leveraging client input and metrics from document and device usage, the service helps organisations turn process into productivity, to save money and improve customer relationships.
A free software upgrade on the Xerox WorkCentre® 3325 multifunction printer (MFP) offers a common set of access, productivity, management and security features to further protect and optimise print environments. Customers gain an even stronger integration with Xerox’s managed print services for improved efficiency and cost savings.
Xerox ConnectKey® 1.5 technology enabled printers and MFPs will soon be certified by the Mopria Alliance, an organisation that promotes, simplifies and increases accessibility of wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. Printing on-the-go is made easier without having to manually connect to a device or install software.
Xerox Document Analytics Services and Xerox Workflow Assessment Services are available to customers of Xerox’s Enterprise Print Services in the U.S., Canada and Europe.
Xerox Secure Print Manager Suite is available for customers of Xerox’s Enterprise Print Services in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Developing Markets Operations.
Xerox ConnectKey 1.5 technology will be offered worldwide as a software upgrade for all existing ConnectKey enabled printers and MFPs by early June 2014.
Since the invention of Xerography more than 75 years ago, the people of Xerox have helped businesses simplify the way work gets done. Today, we are the global leader in business process and document management, helping organisations of any size be more efficient so they can focus on their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., United States, we have more than 140,000 Xerox employees and do business in 180 countries, providing business services, printing equipment and software for commercial and government organisations. Learn more at www.xerox.com
Xerox Europe has manufacturing and logistics operations in Ireland, the U.K. and the Netherlands, and a research and development facility – Xerox Research Centre Europe – in Grenoble, France.
Media Contacts: Sonia Panchal, Xerox Europe, +44 (0) 1895 842 877, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit http://news.xerox.com/pr/xerox/rss.aspx. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://realbusinessatxerox.blogs.xerox.com, http://www.facebook.com/XeroxCorp, http://www.youtube.com/XeroxCorp.
XEROX®, XEROX, DocuShare® and ConnectKeyTM are trademarks of Xerox in the United States and/or other countries.
Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox