Consistent high image quality and maximum productivity are powerful benefits of these new digital presses – ideal for producing promotional materials, collateral, direct marketing and photo publishing applications. Key features of the DocuColor 7002/8002 presses include:
- new low gloss toner, which produces a smooth matte finish.
- automated colour workflow, giving print providers higher levels of productivity.
- in-line spectrophotometer, which measures test patches that provide data on the press’ performance to Xerox’s Automated Colour Quality Suite (ACQS). ACQS automates previous manual tasks such as system calibration and spot colour matching.
- expanded in-line finishing options including the GBC eBinder 200, Xerox Tape Binder, Horizon ColorWorks and ColorWorks Pro Document Finisher.
DocuColor’s traditional and third-party finishing alternatives are available on the new presses along with the following in-line finishing options:
- GBC eBinder 200 – Creates 360 degree wrap-around lay-flat booklets by delivering stack, punch and bind functionality, all in one in-line device, saving time by eliminating manual operator involvement. The eBinder uses durable, self-adjusting polyester bind elements producing professional final products such as calendars and flip presentations that hold up to 100 sheets.
- Xerox Tape Binder – Produces tape-bound books in-line ranging from 15 to 125, A4 uncoated sheets using a thermal adhesive tape to securely bind pages, creating professional documents with a strong flexible bind.
- Standard Horizon ColorWorks Document Finisher and ColorWorks Pro Document Finisher – Allows for the low-cost, professional production of booklets with in-line folding, corner and top stitching, face trimming and stacking. The ColorWorks Pro Document Finisher also offers bleed trimming and channel scoring capabilities.
As with all Xerox digital presses, the DocuColor 7002/8002 integrates with the FreeFlow Digital Workflow collection of products that help customers conduct business around the clock, reduce costs through automation and support new applications. Xerox also provides industry leading business development support with more than 100 ProfitAccelerator tools and resources.
The Xerox DocuColor 7002/8002 Digital Presses are available for worldwide order taking on August 17th, 2009.
- XXX -
1 According to research by InfoTrends, Xerox's installed base of digital production colour devices accounts for more than 50 percent of the total worldwide page volume printed by high-speed cut-sheet digital production colour printers with duty cycles exceeding 300,000 letter impressions per month.
About Xerox UK
Xerox UK, the UK operation of Xerox Corporation, markets a comprehensive range of Xerox products, solutions and services, as well as associated supplies and software. Its offerings are focused on three main areas: offices from small to large, production print and graphic arts environments, and services that include consulting, systems design and management, and document outsourcing.
Xerox also has manufacturing and logistics operations in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands, and a research and development facility (Xerox Research Centre Europe) in Grenoble, France. For more information visit, www.xerox.com
Robert Corbishley, Xerox Europe, +44 (0) 1895 843 239, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Lynne, Trimedia UK, +44 (0)207 025 7546, Xerox@trimediauk.com