- E-mail notification now fully integrates with existing e-mail systems. Users are informed when their print job has been completed and administrators can receive e-mail notification of printer status, thus only needing to attend printers that have reported an error.
- Load balancing and fallback functionality has also been improved in Version 5.1. Load balancing allows jobs to be shared by a number of devices with the same capabilities and fallback automatically re-routes jobs if the first preferred device has an error. Together with the e-mail notification these new features give the highest standard of print service to users.
- A new Postscript processing engine is included in Version 5.1that increases the processing speed of files for printing or viewing.
- Q-Control, which is supplied with client drivers for Windows and MAC platforms, is now customisable allowing users to display only the options required, or display the print window with customised “default” options.
- Version 5.1 enables users to configure and manage all their wide format devices from one interface.
- XXX -
About Xerox UK
Xerox UK, the UK operation of Xerox Corporation, markets a comprehensive range of Xerox products, solutions and services, as well as associated supplies and software. Its offerings are focused on three main areas: offices from small to large, production print and graphic arts environments, and services that include consulting, systems design and management, and document outsourcing.
Xerox also has manufacturing and logistics operations in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands, and a research and development facility (Xerox Research Centre Europe) in Grenoble, France. For more information visit, www.xerox.com
Robert Corbishley, Xerox Europe, +44 (0) 1895 843 239, email@example.com
Laura Lynne, Trimedia UK, +44 (0)207 025 7546, Xerox@trimediauk.com