Xerox will demonstrate a wide variety of digital print applications at its drupa stand that illustrate how customers are using digital technology to grow pages and profits. On display will be some of the high-value applications that are driving the greatest opportunities in digital production, including books and manuals, personalised collateral, transpromo pieces, direct marketing, and hybrid offset and digital applications. Also featured will be innovative business applications that have emerged as new growth opportunities for digital printing such as packaging and photo specialty products including personalised photo books and calendars.
“Applications are the language of our customers,” said Quincy Allen, president, Xerox Production Systems Group. “Print providers of all sizes are creating some amazing applications with Xerox technology. Visitors to our stand at drupa will be inspired by these best practices and can learn how to adopt these solutions with their own customers and prospects.”
Drupa attendees can learn how to produce these solutions at Xerox conversation stations by talking to both Xerox specialists and the customers creating the applications. Thirty of the applications have a guide that highlights the application’s business value as well as providing details of the Xerox and partner workflow and technology that was used to produce it.
Real-life applications on display include:
- Books and Manuals: Series of popular local travel guides with book blocks printed on the Xerox Nuvera 288 Digital Perfecting System, colour inserts printed on the Xerox iGen3 110 Digital Production Press, and covers produced on the Heidelberg Speedmaster SM 52.
- Collateral: Catalogues produced for Vaillancourt Folk Art for their hand-painted, collectable chalkware figures, produced on a new Xerox digital colour system being announced at the show.
- Transpromo: Personalised letters produced on the Xerox iGen3 110 Digital Production Press and developed for telecommunications company debitel AG to improve customer relationships while increasing revenue through the cross-selling of other products and services.
- Direct Marketing: Postcards printed on the Xerox DocuColor 5000 Digital Press for Polish Pottery to differentiate their colourful products and help to generate store traffic.
- Offset and Digital: Hybrid production of books for the German-Dutch company Shaker Verlag printed on Xerox 650/1300 Continuous Feed Printers with offset covers.
- New Business: Personalised packaging for chewing gum produced for Personal Media Solutions b.v. using a Xerox iGen3 110 Digital Production Press.
To learn more about key applications visit http://www.xerox.com/digitalprofit, or to pre-register for a fully tailored visit to the Xerox drupa stand, visit http://www.xerox.com/drupa
- XXX -
About Xerox UK
Xerox UK, the UK operation of Xerox Corporation, markets a comprehensive range of Xerox products, solutions and services, as well as associated supplies and software. Its offerings are focused on three main areas: offices from small to large, production print and graphic arts environments, and services that include consulting, systems design and management, and document outsourcing.
Xerox also has manufacturing and logistics operations in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands, and a research and development facility (Xerox Research Centre Europe) in Grenoble, France. For more information visit, www.xerox.com
Xerox is a trademark of Xerox Corporation. All non-Xerox brands and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.
Robert Corbishley, Xerox Europe, +44 (0) 1895 843239, email@example.com
Note: See the full range of Xerox digital production technology and services in Hall 8b / A78, May 29 – June 11 at drupa 2008, Messe Dsseldorf, Germany. For more information about Xerox and the show, visit http://www.xerox.com/news or http://www.xerox.com/drupa. For open commentary and industry perspectives, visit http://www.xerox.com/blogs or http://www.xerox.com/podcasts.
Xerox, Nuvera, iGen3, ProfitAccelerator, the Xerox wordmark and the spherical connection symbol are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. DocuColor is used under license.