Xerox developed the eight New Business of Printing Business Development Services in response to customer feedback for "nuts and bolts" support to address their business challenges. The additions focus on training and professional services for digital business, workflow and application development. A team of Xerox specialists and industry experts work directly with print providers - often on-site - to help them generate increased page volume and revenue.
"Customers get services that are customised to address specific business needs," said independent industry analyst Chris Jordan, partner, Jordan & Jordan. "These eight services provide both experienced print shops and those just getting started with the right tools, knowledge and support they need to capture growth opportunities and pursue long-term success."
Increasing Digital Business
These consultative services teach the basics of a digital business, and help print providers identify and address a list of high-impact areas to ensure business growth. There are currently three offerings designed to help customers develop a digital marketing plan, sell one-to-one marketing campaigns and Web-to-print jobs, and manage a digital sales force. New services being added are:
- Selling Digital Printing - details the steps of an effective sales process from how to identify prospects to making a solutions-based sales call.
- Vertical Market Selling - helps users learn the basics and trends about the healthcare, education, professional services and legal vertical markets and helps them understand and identify new applications.
Four new workflow services help customers build, integrate and enhance their workflow for digital printing applications.
- Design for Digital - shows users how to prepare files for digital printing. It is based on the ProfitAccelerator Job Preparation Guide for Designers and is geared toward commercial and in-plant print providers.
- Colour Management - enables users to implement a colour management process to increase the predictability of digital press output.
- XMPie Training and Professional Services - helps customers leverage the power of personalisation in their marketing communications.
- Web Services training - shows customers how to build e-commerce solutions and connect to their customers more effectively.
Two new application services are now available to assist customers in the development of specialised applications to increase revenue opportunities and expand market reach.
- How to Implement a Transpromo Workflow Training Course - provides tips on resource management, data mining and how to design your workflow.
- How to Sell Transpromo Training Course - offers guidance on how to sell the idea of transpromo documents, talk to different audiences about the application and measure the return on investment.
Select services will be launched in a phased approach in North America and Europe and will be offered through a certified network of Xerox and industry consultants. See your Xerox sales representative for details in your area. For more information about Xerox New Business of Printing Business Development Services visit: http://www.xerox.com/businessdevelopmentservices. About Xerox Europe
Xerox Europe, the European operations of Xerox Corporation, markets a comprehensive range of Xerox products, solutions and services, as well as associated supplies and software. Its offerings are focused on three main areas: offices from small to large, production print and graphic arts environments, and services that include consulting, systems design and management, and document outsourcing.
Xerox Europe also has manufacturing and logistics operations in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands, and a research and development facility (Xerox Research Centre Europe) in Grenoble, France. For more information visit, www.xerox.com
Xerox Graphic Arts Premier Partners is an exclusive global community of innovative digital printing, graphic arts and communication companies that is defining the future of the print industry. Together they are shaping The New Business of Printing to give their clients a competitive edge. For more information on the Xerox Premier Partner network, please visit www.xerox.com/xpp
Xerox, the Xerox wordmark and the spherical connection symbol are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.
Robert Corbishley, Xerox Europe, +44 (0) 1895 843 239, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: See the full range of Xerox digital production technology and services in Hall 8b / A78, May 29 – June 11 at drupa 2008, Messe Dsseldorf, Germany. For more information about Xerox and the show, visit http://www.xerox.com/news or http://www.xerox.com/drupa. For open commentary and industry perspectives, visit http://www.xerox.com/blogs or http://www.xerox.com/podcasts.