Xerox EPS reduces the cost of printing, sharing and updating everything from a home-based worker's 50-page proposal, to large-quantity, full colour brochures in a marketing department. Extending Xerox's MPS offering to give companies a complete view of worldwide print operations, EPS helps all document output meet budget targets, security policies, and environmental sustainability objectives.
"By expanding MPS beyond the office walls, organisations have total control over company-wide print spend," said Ken Weilerstein, vice president, research at Gartner, Inc. "This is significant because internal and external print shop costs can often exceed office printing spend, so optimising across all print environments will uncover even more sources of cost savings."
Xerox makes it easy for companies to identify new opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiency across the entire print network by adding the following capabilities to its MPS portfolio:
- Support for home and virtual printing: Employees working from home or remote locations benefit from the same support system offered in the office. Xerox monitors off-site devices and reaches out via phone, e-mail or Web-based support sessions to provide technical assistance. Universal print drivers give mobile workers easy access to printers when working in corporate offices.
- Print routing to save money, paper and time: Based on an analysis of employee work habits, Xerox helps companies set up guidelines that direct documents to the most appropriate device, based on specific requirements such as cost, turnaround time and location. For example, when employees go to print, they receive a message such as: "Print to a different printer nearby to save $20."
- More effective print centre use: To manage costs in the production print environment more effectively, EPS allows employees to send more complex printing requests to their internal print provider straight from the desktop. Employees are presented with choices for binding and stapling and can preview the final document, eliminating the extra steps typically taken to prepare files and deliver them to the print centre.
"By simplifying print across the entire business, Xerox is transforming the way we work and delivering a powerful impact to operations," said Robert A. DeMichiei, senior vice president and chief financial officer of UPMC, an $8 billion global health enterprise. "The EPS platform directly connects our global print environment to our core business applications so that we can co-design new ways of working and accommodate new technologies to help employees work more efficiently."
Xerox currently monitors approximately 1.5 million devices from multiple vendors worldwide, and earlier this year, Xerox also made its MPS offerings available to small and mid-sized businesses through its global network of channel partners.
"Businesses trust our approach and ability to deliver, allowing us to forge the way for new managed print services offerings," said Stephen Cronin, president, Xerox Global Services. "Enterprise Print Services represents the way companies have to look at printing going forward - use a comprehensive view of the global infrastructure to keep printing cost-effective, productive and environmentally sustainable across the entire enterprise, not just in the office."
The EPS offering builds on Xerox's leadership in MPS, further to its positioning in the Leaders Quadrant of the August 2009 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services (MPS) Worldwide and MPS market leader in Quocirca's October 2009 European MPS report.
- XXX -
About Xerox DocuShare
Xerox DocuShare is an enterprise content management (ECM) platform developed by Xerox Corporation. DocuShare's capabilities range from basic content services to more robust business process automation and paper-to-digital solutions. Xerox DocuShare also offers a number of partner solutions for vertical and cross industry business processes. For more information visit www.docushare.com, or call +44 (0)7702 933 106.
- Cuts up to 80% of the time it takes to find vital information
- Provides easy and secure access to documents and from any location, 24/7
- Lowers operational costs and helps to meet sustainability goals by reducing paper usage, document storage and disposal, energy, and shipping.
- Easily scales to add more users and store more content as needs grow
- Empowers users to manage Web content without burdening IT
- Dramatic improvements in efficiency and productivity as well as rapid ROI
- Simple to upgrade to DocuShare CPX for more sophisticated process automation
- Document management
- Version control
- Document check-in / check-out
- Document- and version-based permissions
- Simple single word and advanced searches
- Wizard-based document routing and approval tool
- Wikis and blogs
- Threaded discussions
- Email notification
- Content submission via email
- Scan cover sheets for scanning to collections and documents
- High-performance imaging
- Permissions-based access control
- Password management and password rules enforcement
- SSL encryption
For information on Xerox services and products, call 0870 873 3873 or visit www.xerox.co.uk
Sonia Panchal, Xerox Europe, T: +44 (0) 1895 842 877email: sonia.panchal @xerox.com
Claire Jones, Grayling, T: +44 (0)020 7592 7923, firstname.lastname@example.org