New productivity features for the Xerox Nuvera EA line of digital black-and-white production systems include integration with FreeFlow Print Server version 7, the company’s most powerful print server. In addition, new in-line finishing options tape bind, stitch, fold, trim, cut and stack high-quality documents with minimal operator involvement.
“Imagine a printing process that is completely automatic,’” said Peter Taylor, director, Production and Graphic Arts, Xerox UK. “That means the entire printing process from job submission through finishing is completely automated – increasing the profitability of every job that comes through the shop. And when about 85 percent of all digital pages are still printed in black and white, that additional productivity adds up to real money for printers.”
FreeFlow Print Server version 7 builds on the success of Xerox’s FreeFlow DocuSP platform, used in more than 40,000 in-plant facilities and graphic communications companies worldwide. FreeFlow Print Server version 7 supports the Xerox Nuvera 288 EA Perfecting Production System and the Xerox Nuvera 100/120/144 EA Production Systems and offers:
- A graphically rich user interface allowing operators to handle most jobs with minimal training.
- Expanded workflow capabilities that make it easy to submit jobs.
- New security features and support for IPv6, Internet infrastructure standards.
- Xerox Tape Binder easily produces bound books and manuals from 15-125 sheets.
- Xerox Basic Finishing Module Direct Connect is a stapling and stacking system that provides a direct interface to some third-party finishing devices.
- Watkiss Booklet Maker combines stitching, folding, spine formatting and trimming to produce SquareBack™ books of up to 200 pages.
The latest enhancements for the Xerox Nuvera 288 EA Perfecting Production System are:
- CEM DocuConverter™ cuts, slits and stacks oversized printed sheets with multiple images to deliver complete document sets on a convenient conveyor, ready for offline or near-line finishing.
- A high-capacity sheet-fed module that expands the media range to accommodate paper sizes up to 320mm x 491mm that are ideal for producing 4-up book blocks that can be trimmed to 152mm x 229mm finished book applications.
The Xerox Nuvera EA line of finishing enhancements will be available from November. The FreeFlow Print Server version 7 comes standard with all Xerox Nuvera EA configurations.
- XXX -
About Xerox UK
Xerox UK, the UK operation of Xerox Corporation, markets a comprehensive range of Xerox products, solutions and services, as well as associated supplies and software. Its offerings are focused on three main areas: offices from small to large, production print and graphic arts environments, and services that include consulting, systems design and management, and document outsourcing.
Xerox also has manufacturing and logistics operations in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands, and a research and development facility (Xerox Research Centre Europe) in Grenoble, France. For more information visit, www.xerox.com
Robert Corbishley, Xerox Europe, +44 (0) 1895 843 239, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Lynne, Trimedia UK, +44 (0)207 025 7546, Xerox@trimediauk.com