The 4595 strengthens Xerox's offering in the 90-95 page-per-minute space, extending its portfolio of products which is already the largest in the industry. The 4595 is one of the most productive machines in its class, printing and copying at 95 pages per minute (A3) with a first-copy-out time as fast as three seconds, and scanning times ahead of the competition at 100 images per minute. It compares favourably with rival products in scan and print image quality, delivering consistent results throughout long runs thanks to Emulsion Aggregate (EA) Toner. Flexible media handling completes the 4595's productivity benefits; customers can choose up to eight paper trays, offering a paper input capacity of up to 8,225 sheets.
"The use of colour is growing at pace, but market trends show that black-and-white printing is still very much in demand. Our customers tell us that cost-effectiveness, ease of use, copy/scan/print productivity and print quality are what matter to them most in a black-and-white offering. With the Xerox 4595 we are not only meeting customer needs but exceeding them with a product that bears the hallmarks of a superior Xerox design - all at an exceptionally competitive price," said Peter Taylor, Director and General Manager, Graphic Arts, Xerox UK.
Increasing Workgroup Productivity
With its small footprint and high print speed, the Xerox 4595 is perfectly suited to busy, high-volume environments including large offices, print shops and central reproduction departments in industries such as education, government and public sector, where maximum uptime and fast-turnaround are required. Key features that ensure optimal efficiency, particularly for large workgroups include:
- 512 MB of on-board RAM and standard 40GB hard disk drive make it possible to process heavy workloads;
- The ability to perform multiple jobs concurrently means that any number of users can copy, print and scan separate jobs at the same time, significantly increasing productivity;
- A 250-sheet document handler makes performing large scan jobs easier, while a generous media capacity of up to eight trays (and 8,225 sheets) allows for longer unattended operation, so that users can get on with the task of printing, copying and scanning;
- A load-while-run capability and eight pick points make high-volume jobs smoother and easier;
- Workflow-enhancing features such as: Scan-to-Email, (with LDAP support and Mail Delivery Notification, enabling direct scanning to your MS Outlook or Lotus Notes address book); a 'scan once, reprint many' capability, as well as the ability to submit jobs from anywhere via Web browser;
- The 4595 has the CentreWare look and feel that Xerox customers will already be familiar with, meaning no learning curve and out-of-the-box productivity for users.
The Xerox 4595 can accommodate a broad range of documents and finishing options, making it suitable for a whole host of business applications, from reports, mailers and brochures to training manuals and complex documents with mixed sizes, covers and inserts.
"The Xerox 4595 puts a vast array of high-quality documents at a customer's point of need, giving them high-performance functionality in-house and saving them the expense and inconvenience of outsourcing. Customers benefit from better turnaround times and accuracy, as well as reduced wastage, which is key in today's environmentally-conscious business," said Taylor.
The Xerox 4595 comes equipped with either a standard finisher, offering 100-sheet stapling, hole punching and an interposer, or with a booklet-maker finisher. A folding unit can be added to either finisher, while the addition of a post-fuser feeding inserter makes it possible to automatically add colour documents to output sets or books.
The Xerox 4595 is available through the Xerox direct sales force and indirect partners. The system is available in two configurations, either with an integrated controller, or for more demanding, higher-volume environments, the Xerox FreeFlow DocuSP 5.1 controller.
1 Internal tests have shown the Xerox 4595 to operate with 4.36 Unscheduled Maintenance Calls (UMCs) per million prints.The closest competitor averages approximately 6 UMCs per million.
Xerox markets a comprehensive range of Xerox products, solutions and services, as well as associated supplies and software. Its offerings are focused on three main areas: offices from small to large, production print and graphic arts environments, and services that include consulting, systems design and management, and document outsourcing.
Xerox also has manufacturing and logistics operations in Ireland, the UK and Holland, and a research and development facility (Xerox Research Centre Europe) in Grenoble, France. For more information visit, www.xerox.com
Xerox is a trademark of Xerox Corporation. All non-Xerox brands and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.
Robert Corbishley, Xerox Europe, tel: +44 (0) 1895 843 239, email: email@example.com
Laura Lynne, Trimedia Harrison Cowley (on behalf of Xerox UK), tel: +44 (0)207 400 5584, email: Xerox@trimediahc.com