UXBRIDGE, U.K., Sept. 6, 2013 – Variety may be the spice of life and for printers it can keep their business immune to the ups and downs of an ever-changing marketplace. But producing a variety of applications comes with challenges and delivering consistent colour image quality is one.
Xerox’s newest iGen® 150 Press offers a choice of line screens giving printers complete control over image quality so that each piece – regardless of quantity or elements such as photos, text, colours and images – looks consistent.
For example, the press’ new 210 line screen heightens the softness in skin tones while keeping the detail of hair and background images intact – capabilities printers need to capture jobs in the fast-growing photo marketplace.
A new technology inside the press called Object Oriented Half Toning renders images and text smooth or sharp as required for brochures, catalogues and fliers.
“Digital colour image quality is no longer a guessing game with the iGen 150,” saidJeff Jacobson, president, Graphic Communications Operations, Xerox. “We built an ‘intelligent’ press that puts printers in the driver’s seat. They can confidently determine how best to produce each job while moving more offset pages to digital. And we have taken automation to a new level so printers can deliver more sellable prints per hour.”
New features offer both quality and productivity enhancements
With the iGen 150, printers can gain about a 25 percent increase in productivity since less time is spent on reprinting, quality control, job setup and press availability. Options that make this possible include:
- 2400 x 2400 dpi imaging system delivers more information per square inch – improving details, uniform tints, flesh tones and sharpness.
- Automated Image-on-Paper technology eliminates manual setups for sheet sizes up to 660 mm – a time saver.
- IntegratedPLUS Finishing Solution for Booklets removes the complexities of preparing files to finisher specifications. Requirements are set automatically when the job enters the workflow.
- Single-point Transfer prints 9,000, four-over impressions per hour – or 150 prints per minute.
- Features such as Xerox’s Confident Colour, In-line Spectrophotometer, Auto Density Control and Matte Dry Ink, as well as Standard Gloss Dry Ink, which is now available as an option.
The Xerox iGen 150 Press will be on display in Xerox’s booth No.1202 at PRINT 13, Sept. 8-12 in Chicago.
The Xerox iGen 150 Press will be available for order taking from October 1st.
About Xerox U.K.
Since the invention of Xerography 75 years ago, the people of Xerox have helped businesses simplify the way work gets done. Today, we are the global leader in business process and document management, helping organisations of any size be more efficient so they can focus on their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., more than 140,000 Xerox employees serve clients in 160 countries, providing business services, printing equipment and software for commercial and government organisations. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
Robert Corbishley, Xerox Europe
T: +44 (0) 1895 843239
Tom Woods, Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
T: +44 (0) 207 632 3876
To receive Xerox RSS news feeds, visit http://rss.xerox.com/xerox-uk-news. For open commentary and industry perspectives visit http://twitter.com/XeroxUK, http://twitter.com/XeroxSME, http://twitter.com/XRCE,
XEROX®, XEROX and Design®, Phaser®, WorkCentre® and ColorQube® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.