Uxbridge, U.K., October 1st, 2010 – A new entry-level light production colour printer from Xerox, adaptable for any print environment, gives users more flexibility and freedom to produce a wide range of applications – quickly meeting customer demands in high quality colour and black and white.
The new Xerox Colour 550/560 Printer, with an easy-to-use colour touch screen, is an efficient choice for quick print shops, small commercial printers, in-plant operations, advertising agencies, creative shops and office settings.
Applications ranging from marketing materials and photo books to office documents and PowerPoint presentations can be produced on the Xerox Colour 550 at 50 colour pages per minute (ppm) or 55 ppm in black and white; and on the Xerox Colour 560 at 60 colour ppm or 65 ppm in black and white.
“We’ve taken the most sought-after elements of digital printing and built a solution that can integrate into any print environment,” said Malcolm Glynn, Product Marketing Manager, UK and Ireland at Xerox. “The Xerox Colour 550/560 is perfect for the print service provider responding quickly to high-value application demands or the office professional requiring security and workflow features to manage documents more efficiently.”
Key to the production environment, Xerox Colour 550/560 features include:
- Low-melt emulsion aggregation toner to produce an offset-like finish with crisp text and high resolution graphics, as well as saving energy
- 2,400 x 2,400 dpi printing
- In-line finishing options including stapling, hole-punching, inserting, folding and booklet making on uncoated and coated media
- Advanced colour management tools and streamlined production with Xerox FreeFlow® Digital Workflow Collection, EFI Fiery® or Creo print servers
For the office segment, the device can also:
- Scan, copy and fax at a high speed, both in colour and black and white
- Keep intellectual property organised and secured with automated routing and delivery
- Customise print driver settings for economy and efficiency, or adjust settings for specific applications
- Drive maximum productivity by letting multiple users perform different tasks simultaneously
- Simplify the process of capturing, editing, managing and storing documents with Xerox workflow solutions such as Xerox Scan to PC Desktop®
The Xerox Colour 550/560 Printer is available immediately.
About Xerox Europe
Xerox Europe, the European operations of Xerox Corporation, markets a comprehensive range of Xerox products, solutions and services, as well as associated supplies and software. Its offerings are focused on three main areas: offices from small to large, production print and graphic arts environments, and services that include consulting, systems design and management, and document outsourcing. Through ACS, A Xerox Company, which Xerox acquired in February 2010, Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and information technology outsourcing services.
Xerox Europe also has manufacturing and logistics operations in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands, and a research and development facility (Xerox Research Centre Europe) in Grenoble, France.
For more information visit http://www.xerox.com.
Xerox Graphic Arts Premier Partners is an exclusive global community of innovative digital printing, graphic arts and communication companies that is defining the future of the print industry. Together they are shaping The New Business of Printing to give their clients a competitive edge. For more information on the Xerox Premier Partner network, please visit www.xerox.com/xpp
Robert Corbishley, Xerox Europe, +44 (0) 1895 843 239, email@example.com
Laura Lynne, Grayling, +44 (0)207 592 7922, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Xerox®, Scan to PC Desktop®, FreeFlow® and the sphere of connectivity design are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.