Uxbridge, UK, Dec. 21, 2010 -- Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) today released its 2010 Report on Global Citizenship. The report provides a comprehensive overview of the company’s activities and progress in the areas of corporate social responsibility: environmental sustainability, governance and ethics, customer privacy and satisfaction, employee diversity and development and corporate giving and volunteerism.
In the report’s letter to stakeholders, Ursula Burns, Xerox chairman and CEO, said “We are a much bigger company today. We offer a much broader portfolio of services and technology. We have significantly expanded our global reach. But certain things remain the same. We believe we are part of an ongoing experiment to prove that good citizenship and good results are not only compatible but synergistic – in good times and in challenging times.”
The 2010 Report on Global Citizenship is organised around five themes that capture the essence of Xerox’s citizenship efforts:
- Conducting business with integrity and transparency builds credibility and attracts investors.
- Aligning resources around customer needs provides the revenue stream that enables investment in innovation and future growth.
- Nurturing a greener world through sustainable innovation and development saves money, creates value and helps develop new markets.
- Creating a great workplace for Xerox people strengthens the company’s competitiveness.
- Leveraging resources to make the world better improves the quality of life for Xerox people and the economic climate for Xerox customers.
The company highlighted its progress in environmental sustainability goals and climate protection.
- With a goal to become carbon neutral, Xerox’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are down 31 percent from 2002 to 2009, which is a result of improved energy efficiency, new technologies and improved energy management practices.
- Xerox exceeded last year’s goal to deliver an increase in ENERGY STAR® qualified equipment with 92 percent of new product launches meeting the July 2009 rigorous ENERGY STAR® requirements, up 12 percent from 2008.
- The EA toner plant in Webster, N.Y., achieved waste-free status (zero waste to landfill). The company established a corporate waste-free goal for facilities to increase recycle/reuse rate to 97 percent by 2012.
- To move another step forward in achieving its waste-free goals, Xerox established a partnership with global recycler, Close the Loop. It allows customers more options in returning used imaging supplies, like toner bottles, cartridges, fusers and toner waste.
In February, Xerox acquired Affiliated Computer Services, a large business process and IT outsourcing firm. With ACS now a Xerox company, Xerox is developing joint business processes and practices to deliver a single source of reporting and key metrics on the enterprise’s global citizenship activities, which are updated and available on http://www.xerox.com/citizenship.
About Xerox Europe
Xerox Europe, the European operations of Xerox Corporation, markets a comprehensive range of Xerox products, solutions and services, as well as associated supplies and software. Its offerings are focused on three main areas: offices from small to large, production print and graphic arts environments, and services that include consulting, systems design and management, and document outsourcing. Through ACS, A Xerox Company, which Xerox acquired in February 2010, Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organisations worldwide. The 133,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries.
Xerox Europe also has manufacturing and logistics operations in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands, and a research and development facility (Xerox Research Centre Europe) in Grenoble, France.
For more information visit http://www.xerox.com.
Sonia Panchal, Xerox Europe, +44 (0)1895 843239, Sonia.Panchal@xerox.com
Jennifer Wasmer, Xerox Europe, +44(0) 1895 845815, Jennifer.Wasmer@xerox.com
Note: For open commentary, industry perspectives and views from events visit http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://twitter.com/xeroxoffice, http://twitter.com/xeroxproduction, http://twitter.com/servicesatxerox, http://twitter.com/xeroxevents, http://www.xerox.com/blogs or http://www.xerox.com/podcasts.
XEROX®, XEROX and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.