Uxbridge, U.K., October 21st, 2010 -- Xerox today announced two new ColorQube® desktop A4 colour printers. The Xerox ColorQube 8570 is designed for small and medium sized businesses with general office print needs, and the Xerox ColorQube 8870, which offers a low total cost of ownership, is designed for businesses of any size with high volume office print needs.
With print speeds as fast as 40 pages per minute in both colour and black and white, the printers are ideal for offices that depend on colour for business proposals, reports and fliers, as well as everyday documents such as e-mail and spreadsheets.
“Like the award-winning Xerox ColorQube 9200 Series multifunction system, that Xerox introduced last year, the ColorQube 8570 and ColorQube 8870 use Xerox’s proprietary solid ink technology to lower the environmental impact of office printing.” said Malcolm Glynn, Marketing Manager, Office, Xerox UK. “The cartridge-free design generates 90 percent1 less supplies waste than comparable colour laser printers.”
The ColorQube 8870 is offered with a Hybrid Colour pricing plan that significantly reduces colour page costs. The Hybrid Colour plan eliminates traditional “one size fits all” pricing, where the cost of a page with full colour, like printing a photo image, is the same as the cost of a page with just a little bit of colour, such as a company logo on a letterhead.
With the ColorQube 8870’s Hybrid Colour plan, customers pay only for the amount of colour they use on a given page. For example, an office document with a logo and small graphic costs the same as if it were printed in black. Documents with moderate colour coverage, like a Web page or brochure, are around half the typical cost of a full colour laser page, while the cost of those printed pages with heavy colour, such as estate agent property details, are lower than on equivalent A4 laser devices.
Exceptional, affordable colour
The solid ink printers produce consistent colour prints, regardless of media type, with features including:
- Colour by Words a colour-editing tool that allows users to select from a unique menu of words to enhance the colour output. With Colour by Words, everyone from a graphic designer to the part-time PowerPoint user can get the right colour and vibrant prints the first time.
- True Adobe Postscript3 and PANTONE® approved solid-colour simulations, which produce crisp text and sharp colour images.
- Advanced colour matching capabilities and 2400 FinePoint™ image quality create high-quality colour prints.
Green benefits of the ENERGY STAR® qualified ColorQube 8870 and ColorQube 8570 include:
- Earth Smart print driver defaults that can be set to include two-sided printing, proof print, recycled paper and draft mode.
- The ability to print on a variety of media, including recycled paper, without compromising colour consistency.
- Intelligent Ready feature that learns usage patterns and moves to low-power mode when the printer is least likely to be in use.
- GreenPrint software that automatically highlights and removes unwanted pages prior to printing by analysing each page sent to the printer and looking for typical waste characteristics (such as the last page with just a URL, banner ad, logo, or legal jargon).
For customers looking to reduce their carbon footprint, a peer reviewed Xerox study2 estimated that the ColorQube 8870 uses 30 percent less lifecycle energy and has a carbon footprint that is up to 30 percent smaller than comparable desktop colour laser printers.
Pricing and Availability
Starting at a list price of £519 for the ColorQube 8570 and £1750 for the ColorQube 8870, both devices are available immediately through Xerox’s direct sales force, resellers, concessionaires and distributors.
2 Life Cycle Assessment of a Solid Ink Printer Compared with a Colour Laser Printer, September, 2010
About Xerox Europe
Xerox Europe, the European operations of Xerox Corporation, markets a comprehensive range of Xerox products, solutions and services, as well as associated supplies and software. Its offerings are focused on three main areas: offices from small to large, production print and graphic arts environments, and services that include consulting, systems design and management, and document outsourcing. Through ACS, A Xerox Company, which Xerox acquired in February 2010, Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and information technology outsourcing services.
Xerox Europe also has manufacturing and logistics operations in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands, and a research and development facility (Xerox Research Centre Europe) in Grenoble, France.
For more information visit http://www.xerox.com.
Note: Xerox®, ColorQube® and the sphere of connectivity design are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All non-Xerox brands and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.
Robert Corbishley, Xerox Europe, +44 (0) 1895 843 239, firstname.lastname@example.org