UXBRIDGE, U.K., Oct. 23, 2014 – Xerox continues to add more flexibility and functionality to its CiPress™ Production Inkjet Systems with three new features – Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR), an in-line coating system and an ink measurement and proofing tool.
These enhancements can open a new set of applications – such as cheques, rebate coupons and financial forms – as well as more aesthetic, durable direct-mail pieces, while saving time and money.
CiPress’ MICR Print Module
- Prints MICR up to 500 feet-per-minute (152 metres-per-minute) on standard untreated stocks allowing white paper in, full colour cheque production.
- Enables field upgrades, which protect the investment of current users while expanding application opportunities for new customers.
- Prints mixed applications in the same run with MICR and non-MICR jobs; eliminates the need for a dedicated MICR printer.
- Allows migration to digital colour applications while adding the benefit of MICR on demand.
MEGTEC In-Line Aqueous Coating System
- Enhances applications with a high-gloss overlay for artistic value and added endurance to create attention-grabbing direct-mail pieces.
- Leverages widely available commercial coating fluids and offset coated and uncoated media to deliver economical high-impact pieces.
- Delivers simplex or duplex coating in-line at full printer speeds, maximising productivity and efficiency without the labour and movement of materials associated with offline coating.
CiPress Ink Measurement and Proofing Tool
- Pre-determines the cost of ink usage on a job or page basis for more precise job estimation.
- Produces soft proofs of the printed output so jobs don’t have to run and be inspected on the press, saving time and improving workflow productivity.
The CiPress’ MICR Print Module, MEGTEC In-Line Aqueous Coating System and CiPress Ink Measurement and Proofing Tool are available immediately.
Xerox is a global business services, technology and document management company helping organisations transform the way they manage their business processes and information. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., United States, we have more than 140,000 Xerox employees and do business in more than 180 countries. Together, we provide business process services, printing equipment, hardware and software technology for managing information -- from data to documents. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
Xerox has manufacturing and logistics operations in Ireland, the U.K. and the Netherlands, and a research and development facility – Xerox Research Centre Europe – in Grenoble, France.
Robert Corbishley, Xerox
+44 (0)1895 84 3239
Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit http://news.xerox.com/rss. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit http://www.linkedin.com/company/xerox, http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://simplifywork.blogs.xerox.com, http://www.facebook.com/XeroxCorp, http://www.youtube.com/XeroxCorp.
Xerox®, CiPress™, Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox in the United States and/or other countries.