UXBRIDGE, U.K., October 27, 2015 – As globalisation, technology and workforce expectations transform the workplace and change the nature of work, what steps can enterprises take to keep up and maximise new opportunity?
What strategies are needed? How can enterprises capitalise on the perfect storm of bigger data, computing and machine intelligence to improve how people work and, in turn, the bottom line?
At this year’s Gartner Symposium ITxpo, 8-12 November in Barcelona, Spain, Xerox will address these and other questions as Stephen Hoover, chief executive officer of PARC, a Xerox company, and Fraser Smart, group president, Xerox consulting and analytics, explain how CIOs can take on a much larger and visionary role in the enterprise.
The session entitled ‘Human-centred analytics and Artificial Intelligence: showing how work can work better’ will look at how we can use human-centred analytics and machine intelligence to make better decisions as individuals, in workplaces and in the wider world. Using a range of examples from HR to healthcare they’ll show how work can work better, both now and in the future. The session will be held on 9th November at 15.30-16.15pm in Ballroom A/Hilton Diagonal.
“We have a long history of improving and transforming work by making technology useful for people,” Hoover said. “At Gartner Symposium we will show how using human-centric methodology, delivered in analytics-driven business processes can provide businesses with deep, transformative insight that can change the way in which they work for the better.”
In addition, Xerox will showcase new technologies that help companies structure and analyse data for real time insights and predictions. They will also feature technology that automates business processes and workflows to increase and improve productivity.
At stand 325 visitors can explore:
Analytics offerings that structure data and help businesses apply those findings for process improvement and real time insight.
- Xerox Mobility Analytics Platform - analyses anonymised data quickly and accurately and presents the information with user-friendly graphics, making it easy for transport and parking operators to better understand and even predict commuter needs.
- WDS Virtual Agent is a new breed of self-care tool, one that continually learns about customers to ensure that every interaction is better than the last. Drawing on Xerox’s artificial intelligence research, WDS Virtual Agent represents a leap forward in how machines learn, understand and react to natural language.
Xerox Automation Suite and Workflow Automation tools which lead to greater productivity and efficiency.
- Xerox Automated Intelligence – this software mimics human actions by routing or processing data based on specific rules. Working with any data source (i.e. emails, spreadsheets), it can be programmed to perform simple routines to complex processes.
- Xerox Case Management - this robotic software controls the business process workflow plus what users see on their computer screens, creating an easy-to-use, fully integrated product that can be deployed in various industries. For example, it can be used to train customer care agents and to help respond to callers’ inquiries.
- Xerox DocuShare Private Cloud Service - Using the technical infrastructure and power of Xerox’s enterprise content management (ECM) offerings, DocuShare Private Cloud is a secure, flexible extranet that empowers our mobile workers and delivers easy collaboration with customers, partner and the public.
- Xerox Digital Alternatives is a flexible and powerful workflow solution supporting today’s increasingly mobile knowledge workers. It helps users complete ad-hoc, document-based work processes across PCs and iPads*, without the need for paper.
Also at the symposium, James Duckenfield, chief innovation officer for consulting and analytics at Xerox, will discuss how innovation in analytics and automation is accelerating business transformation.
Duckenfield’s talk, titled ‘Business Transformation through Research, Analytics and Automation, will take place on 10th November at 12.55 – 13.15 in ITexpo Theatre B.
To help the 5,000 Gartner Symposium attendees get the most out of the conference, Xerox is supplying 12 ConnectKey multifunction devices on the show floor, working as a hub for all the information associated with the event.
Available on the ConnectKey dashboard will be applications for downloading the symposium agenda and content, finding the best local restaurants, accessing the floor plan, as well as printing, copying and scanning other documents while on the go.
To join the Twitter conversation on Gartner Symposium, please follow @xeroxevents and @xeroxUK using the hashtag #GartnerSym.
Xerox is helping change the way the world works. By applying our expertise in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and user-centric insights, we engineer the flow of work to provide greater productivity, efficiency and personalisation. We conduct business in 180 countries, and our more than 130,000 employees create meaningful innovations and provide business process services, printing equipment, software and solutions that make a real difference for our clients – and their customers. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
Sonia Panchal, Xerox Europe, +44 (0) 1895 842 877, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit http://news.xerox.com/pr/xerox/rss.aspx. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://realbusinessatxerox.blogs.xerox.com, http://www.facebook.com/XeroxCorp, http://www.youtube.com/XeroxCorp.
XEROX®, XEROX, DocuShare® and ConnectKeyTM are trademarks of Xerox in the United States and/or other countries.
Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.